Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

If we care so much about our money, why not about our time?

Today we learned that to finish on time on Friday at 11pm, we have only 10 minutes for each petition since we have 120 left. 8 of those have minority reports, and of course other petition can be pulled off the consent calendar. I have heard that in past years, people take their time debating, oh pardon me "holy conferencing", the first few days, and then twist the rules to drastically cut down the number of speeches and the amount of time allowed for each petition. I think that this is ridiculous! If we are smart and apportion our time like we debate so often about apportioning our money, then each petition will get an equal amount of time given to it. I think I am about to move to reduce the amount of time from 3 minutes to 2 minutes for each speech so that we have a chance of finishing...

No comments: